Today's route would take us away from Normandy, and the D-Day sites, in the direction of Brittany. Today was a bit of a transfer leg, although still pretty long.
This was at my favorite direction of the day. Take the road "by the ugly cross." I was waiting to see if there was an actual ugly cross, or a road crossing that was particularly difficult. Turns out our guy just didn't like this cross.
Bikers are the same everywhere.
A little falling down farm building.
We stopped at a roadside cafe for lunch. After struggling a bit with the language, we managed to get one each of the plat du jour. Bob started with the sausage and fries and I had fish in little pastries (paupettes) with potatoes and rice. Well worth navigating the language barrier, it's amazing the quality of food one person in a small kitchen can produce. We switched halfway through.
En route, I was looking forward to this. This section described as a "really good down hill"
We had also entered a new type of landscape - the marshy area.
Bob at our next hotel. It was right at the edge of the "harbor", but it was dry at the moment. Water only reaches the wall (and the boats) during very high tide. We never saw it.
In the town of Regnesville sur Mer we went on a walk. The whole town main drag was less than a mile, so we saw pretty much everything. We were SO tired! If we didn't have this walk, I would have slept right through dinner.
We walked out into the "harbor", this is looking back at our hotel. I wanted to show the boats just laying there.
We made it to dinner and it was, so far, the best. Bob had snails for his first course.
I had a salmon pate.
The view from our table to the harbor. The setting here was spectacular and weird.
My beef in wine sauce. We both had a portion of the three side dishes. I am not sophisticated enough to explain the flavors, but they were little potato things. Just awesome!
Bob had fish in a mushroom sauce. He loves mushrooms, and that ingredient wasn't mentioned, so this worked out great.
Bob had a trio of chocolate desserts.
I had the Opera cake. I am drying to go to Patrick's Cafe in Minneapolis now and see how their version stacks up.
There was no internet and no English TV, so we fell asleep pretty quickly after that. 210 kms of cycling over three days added up. We were asleep before the sunset, actually, which was a shame because I am sure it was pretty.

















No comments:
Post a Comment