Despite the obvious challenges of acclimating to the July weather in Louisiana, we enjoyed the trip. Bob's Aunt and Uncle recently finished the restoration of a family home that sits on their property like a museum. I know many, myself included, who would be happy to live there year round. The setting is also incredible. They were kind enough to host the festivities here. In the back was a private lake (yes, seriously on their property) that I would swim in all day if I could. I was kicking myself for not bringing my swim stuff!
Part of the fun included a talent show. In addition to being the M.C., Bob sang and played his ukelele. I hear him play a lot at home, but I was totally blown away by this performance. He did a version of Elvis's His Latest Flame. The room was rapt, it was amazing. Bob will tell you he can't sing, but it's not true.
While we were hanging around outside, cousin Ryan offered to take some nice photos of us. He's seen the Christmas cards and my general complaint about our pictures all including bike helmets and sun glasses. Too bad we are helplessly cheesy.
This one cracks me up. I was not opening my eyes wide enough so I obviously forced it. Ha ha! Bob is always very photogenic.
Here's the whole family assembled on the front porch. You can't really see the scale of this house in the first picture, but it's very big to be able to fit all of us.
Ryan also took this great picture of me and my best sister-in-law.






No comments:
Post a Comment