Saturday, March 31, 2012

A quick update without pictures

My pictures are still trapped on the camera, but I wanted to post a quick update.    We had a great last day in Taipei on Thursday where we wrapped up the first fantastic part of our trip.  We got to the top of Taipei 101 and did some other fun stuff which I will write about later (with pics!).
 
On Friday morning we flew from Taipei to Hong Kong, and then took the ferry to Shenzhen, where my sister and her family live.  It was an easy trip and we got a tour from Jeff of the area they live and also met the girls and Katie at their schools.  Katie works in the same school that Claire attends. 
 
Saturday morning we flew to the Guilin airport with Katie, Claire and Ella and met up with a tour guide.   The topography is amazing and really, it's not worth discussing without pictures.   We're staying in a hotel in Yungshuo and I can't even access Facebook (too many rules here - ha ha), so I hope this is read by a few folks without my linking to it.
 
We are going to enjoy this little side trip and I will write more, including pictures, when we get back to relative civilization.     

1 comment: